You’re tired of it all! The holidays are almost here! You still need a couple of gifts! You don’t have any money left!
What can you do? Don’t panic. I have the perfect solution!
But, first I need you to take a deep, deep breath – pour yourself a cup of tea- and read this little poem by e.e. cummings:
You Are Tired (I Think)
You are tired, (I think) Of the always puzzle of living and doing; And so am I.
Come with me, then, And we’ll leave it far and far away— (Only you and I, understand!)
You have played, (I think) And broke the toys you were fondest of, And are a little tired now;
Tired of things that break, and— Just tired. So am I.
But I come with a dream in my eyes tonight,
And I knock with a rose at the hopeless gate of your heart— Open to me!
For I will show you places Nobody knows, And, if you like, The perfect places of Sleep.
Ah, come with me! I’ll blow you that wonderful bubble, the moon, That floats forever and a day;
I’ll sing you the jacinth song Of the probable stars; I will attempt the unstartled steppes of dream,
Until I find the Only Flower, Which shall keep (I think) your little heart –
While the moon comes out of the sea.
Come with me and I’ll show you a simple project that requires no skill and is fun to do!
1. Take down that ugly picture that you’ve always hated. Remove it from the frame.
2. Get a ruler and pen and draw a grid across the picture.
3. Gather up that stack of old magazines and a pair of scissors.
4. Start cutting out squares of pretty colors. Throw some circles in there too, and start lining them up.
5. Glue the squares on top of the canvas.
6. Glue the circles on top of the squares.
7. Stick it back in the frame.
8. Wrap it in tissue paper and give it to someone to hang up.
It’s an “ORIGINAL PIECE OF ART” from you!
What’s not to love?